Connect with us

ER Extra

SAD! 15-year-old girl electrocuted in Ogun



A 15-year-old girl (name withheld) has been electrocuted in the Olomore Housing Estate in Abeokuta, Ogun State.

It was gathered that the incident happened at around 11:50pm on Sunday when the girl was attempting to fetch water from a well in the estate.

The girl, it was learnt, had left to fetch water when there was no power supply in the compound.

However, power was said to have been restored while she was in the process of fetching the water.

The teenager was said to have been electrocuted by a naked cable of the pumping machine placed inside the well immediately power was restored .

Contacted for confirmation on Monday, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Omolola Odutola, said the girl was confirmed dead by a doctor on duty.

In a WhatsApp message sent to our correspondent, Odutola said, “A case of electrocution was reported to the Divisional Police Officer of Lafenwa by one Onyekachi Silas “m” at Olomore Housing Estate.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *